We headed over to Eastern Washington to spend Easter with my family, which has kind of become a yearly tradition. I was enjoying myself so much that I barely took my camera out!
The night before Easter, I was doing my motherly duties by putting out the kids' Easter baskets. I had put them both to bed and told them I'd be in in a few minutes. Of course, Decker gets out of bed and comes downstairs after I had put their stuff out. Luckily, I don't think he saw anything. But the next morning, he told me he knew that I was putting out Easter stuff the night before. Of course, I did as good of job as denying as I could. But later, he said he had heard the Easter bunny overnight and that the bunny had woken him up. Maybe he will still believe for a few more years?
Anyways, he's been dying for a hockey set and lucky him, the Easter bunny granted his wish.
Oh, this silly little girl. I swear, she just gets cuter, sweeter and funnier every single day. Such a little blessing!
Oh, this silly girl. Back in February, she started crossing her left eye. The doctors determined she needed glasses and also recommended we patch her eye for 2 hours a day. She's been very good about wearing them and they're just too adorable! When I snapped this photo, she exclaimed "I'm a grandma!"
Last Sunday night we got a TON of snow (about 7 inches, which is a lot for the Seattle area). School was canceled on Monday so we had a snow day. When Kressa saw the snow, she exclaimed "Santa's coming!" They played for a bit, but Kressa mostly complained about not being able to walk in it. Decker was very excited to shovel it until he realized what hard work it is. It was pretty while it lasted, but since nobody around here can drive in the snow, I was relieved that it melted quickly.
Linking up with Life Thru the Lens
One of my major new years resolutions was to get my house decorated this year and amazingly, I've been able to make a little bit of progress. Here is the main living/family room downstairs. I got rid of our old couch, which had a chaise on one end. After getting the new couch, I realized how huge our old one was! The new one really opens up the room. Originally, I had wanted to get a white couch, but ended up chickening out.
I just added the rug yesterday after having tried a shag rug from Costco. I didn't realize, until after purchasing the shag rug, that they are so difficult to vacuum and keep clean! So, I opted for this Safavieh low-pile rug with a decent carpet pad and I'm impressed with how soft it feels. And I'm so happy I found this one as I was looking at rugs on Macy's website for close to $700!
Remaining to-do list:
- Put together these leaning bookcases. I ordered a set of 2 to put against that bare wall. I just need to figure out a way to con someone to come over and help me put them together! Once they're up, I get them fixed up with some pictures and other decorative items, I think it will really make the room look more complete. Right now, that bare wall sticks out like a sore thumb!
- Put up photo ledges/shelves on the wall facing the window. My plan is to display 10x10 photos mounted on foam board on the shelves. That way, I will be able to easily change the photos out.
- Get a new ottoman. The square storage ottoman fit a lot better with the chaise, but now I am finding that the square size seems "off." Also, I don't have a need for the storage anymore. I've been eyeing this one from Target, but not sure how well the teal would go with the red chairs.
- Get some new throw pillows for the couch. I'm thinking some white, fluffy ones like these.
- Get some new chairs. This one is way down on my list. I'm okay with the current chairs I have, but I'm not totally in love with them. They're nice because they're recliners, but not big and bulky. But I think I'd eventually like to get chairs that do not recline and then maybe add some fun foot stools like this or this.
See why I am calling it a work in progress?!
We have put off potty training Kressa, basically because we have had no time! A few weeks ago, her teacher decided to put her in undies and she's been great ever since. We've even been able to get her to poop in the potty. Pretty much the easiest potty training ever.
Ugh. It has been another looong week. I've been on antibiotics now for a week and although I am feeling better, I still feel pretty sick. The main symptoms that are sticking around are lots of thick phlegm, a nasty cough and overall, just feeling tired. I went back to the doctor yesterday because it has been almost two weeks since I first got sick. He told me the symptoms can hang around for quite awhile and prescribed me some codeine cough syrup.
It has been a challenge trying to keep up with work while not feeling well. I feel like I have unanswered emails and calls running out of my ears! And of course, I don't feel like doing anything related to the house, so feel like the house is a mess too. (I.e, Christmas tree is still up.)
Thankfully, Kressa is healthy again. I actually feel pretty good today, as far my congestion goes, but I am just TIRED! Scott has the kids all weekend, so I'm hoping I can get rested up and maybe do a few things around the house later.