Finally, the day we have been waiting for for the last 4 months arrived! We went in today for my 20-week checkup and anatomy ultrasound. We were both pretty anxious to find out that our baby was healthy, first and foremost. Then we found out, it's a boy! And everything is looking good at this point. His heartbeat was 148 BPM and he is 14 oz (55th percentile.) So, it looks like I am still on track for a December 24th due date. Other pregnancy highlights since the last time I wrote (boring, but hey, these are my pregnancy memories):
- Last time I wrote, I mentioned how I walked around the mall a bunch and did errands and then my back was killing me. Well, this also resulted in plantar fasciitis in my left foot. My arch was KILLING me for awhile. I found some really supportive shoes and inserts, so it's getting better now. I guess my high heels will be taking a hiatus for the rest of the pregnancy.
- I started developing rib pain, mostly when I'm lying on my sides. It's not too bad, just annoying.
- I've now moved on from Cinnamon Toast Crunch to Cap'n Crunch.
- Weight gain at 20 weeks: 8 pounds.
- He's been moving a lot more frequently, but we're still waiting for his kicks to get strong enough for Scott to feel.
Now for some pics. These were all taken today, at 20 weeks and 4 days. I am amazed because I look much bigger in these pics than I do when I look in the mirror.
His foot...does it look like he has a lot of toes??
The "boy" shot
Okay, this picture is a little freaky, but it's his face and arms. We've decided he has my pointy chin.
Oh, and a cute pic of Shiloh because she's part of the family too.
Of course, we're both very excited! Time to start planning a new nursery, since my whole pink princess nursery is no longer going to cut it.