Yesterday was Decker's 6th birthday! I know everyone says it, but time really does fly. Since he and I are going on a trip to Mexico, we decided to forego a big birthday party this year and instead, just have a small family celebration. We had his favorite takeout (Chinese food) and opened presents. Decker at six years old:
- At his yearly doctor's checkup, he was 46.5 inches tall (75 percentile) and 45 pounds and 8 ounces (50 percentile).
- He is loving learning how to read and he's good at it. Lately, he sounds out every word he sees, whether it's on street signs or tv.
- He loves playing with cars, monster trucks, dinosaurs, and nerf guns.
- He loves watching Peppa Pig and basically anything else on Nick Jr. He also likes American Ninja Warrior and animal shows on National Geographic Channel.
- He is such a good big brother and loves Kressa. He always wants to play with her, even though she doesn't always know how to play the right way.
- His favorite foods are chow mein, chicken nuggets and pizza.
He has such a sense of curiosity. When we were driving to get his cake, a song was on the radio and he heard the word "prisoner," so he asked me what a prisoner was. I explained that it's someone who's in prison. The conversation then went like this:
Decker: "What's prison?"
Me: "It's where criminals go."
Decker: "What's the difference between prison and jail?"
Me: "I think they're basically the same, but prison is for worse criminals."
Decker: "Oh, so like, if you steal something, you go to jail, but if you chop someone's head off, you go to prison?"
Me: (somewhat horrified) "Yes, that's right."